Historically, the aging face was treated by lifting and tightening loose tissues with procedures like the facelift, neck lift and brow lift. More recently, however, plastic surgeons have begun to realize the role that volume loss plays in aging of the face and how replacing lost volume can help to restore a more youthful, natural appearance.
Volume loss is often particularly prevalent in the area beneath the eyes, at the temples and in the nasolabial fold area.
Natural Dermal Fillers for Facial Volume Loss
A variety of dermal fillers have been created over the years to address the matter of volume loss. While these fillers can produce excellent results, they are not without drawbacks.
Most synthetic injectable fillers provide temporary results and require treatment to be repeated every few months in order to maintain results. Some injectable fillers also pose the risk of allergic reaction.
In more recent years, patients and surgeons alike have been turning to a natural filler – fat. Using the patient’s own fat, areas of the face where volume has depleted can be plumped up and a more youthful, natural appearance restored.
The Benefits of Fat Grafting to the Face, Butt, Hands, and Breasts
· Natural. The most plentiful natural source of cushion, your own body fat is simply transferred from one area to another.
· Long Lasting. Fat generally lasts longer than most other injectables that contain collagen, but with the potential to last indefinitely.
· Safe. There is almost zero risk of allergic reaction or rejection since the patient’s own fat is used.
· Versatile. Fat transfer can be used to restore age-related volume loss and correct facial imperfections like scars and depressions. It can be used to rejuvenate the hands and is a natural alternative for breast and buttock augmentation.
· Body Contouring Bonus. Donor fat must be removed from an area of excess like the abdomen, waist, hips or thighs, allowing patients to improve the shape of the donor area at the same time.
If you’re interested in facial rejuvenation, consider autologous fat transfer to the face as it provides a more natural solution to facial fat loss with exceptional, long-lasting results. Fat injections can be used on many areas of the face such as around the eyes, in the cheeks and chin. It can also be used to plump lips and rejuvenate aging hands.
Take Your Face and Body to the Next Natural Level
The surgeons at Advanced Cosmetic Surgery of New York are experts in the field of fat transfer to the hands, face, buttocks, and breasts. They are well-regarded as fat transfer specialists for their outstanding results. Visit us in our NYC and Long Island offices.
They have extensive experience in fat transfer for facial rejuvenation, buttock augmentation and natural breast augmentation. To learn more or to schedule a free consultation in our NYC or Long Island office with our fat transfer New York specialists, call us today at (212) 206-0023 or (631) 499-1831.
People who shared this post on Facebook and Pinterest also read this related post about facial fat grafting.