Our buttock augmentation New York surgeons have found that the Brazilian butt lift has become a very popular procedure in recent years for those seeking a rounder, curvier, and sexier backside.
Our doctors perform the procedure using autologous fat transfer and buttock injections whereby excess fat is taken from an area like the abdomen or hips and then injected into the buttocks for a plumping, lifting effect.
Tips for a Successful Brazilian Butt Lift
We provide our patients with specific instructions on preparing for their buttock augmentation procedure. This will include specific information on medications you should take or avoid before and after surgery.
You can help to ensure that your Brazilian buttock augmentation runs smoothly and that you receive optimal results by carefully following our instructions:
- Follow a healthy diet in the weeks prior to your procedure.
- If you’re a smoker, plan to quit at least two weeks before surgery. Smoking can impede healing and negatively impact autologous fat transfer results. Do not smoke after surgery.
- Many patients find it helpful to set up a recovery area at home with magazines, books, movies, an mp3 player, healthy snacks, and water bottles on hand as well as pillows and a blanket to stay comfortable.
- You may also want to have a thermometer, washcloths or towels, gauze or wound dressings, ointments or creams, and other items handy and in one easy place.
- In the kitchen, stock up on pre-prepared and frozen foods.
- Please note that ice packs or heating pads should never be used on areas treated with SmartLipo.
- Some of our patients also opt to prepare their buttocks prior to their procedure with regular Brazilian butt lift workout exercises.
On Surgery Day
- For the day of your Brazilian butt lift surgery, plan to wear loose-fitting clothing.
- Do not apply moisturizers, body lotion, powder, deodorant, perfume or makeup to your skin or face.
- Leave your jewelry at home and remove any body piercings.
- Leave contact lenses at home and wear glasses instead, bringing a protective case for them.
- Arrange to have someone to take you to and from our office; we can help to arrange transportation for you if necessary.
- It’s also required that you have a responsible adult stay with you for the first 24 hours after your autologous fat transfer procedure.
Visit our Buttock Augmentation New York Centers Today
If you would like to learn more about enhancing your backside with fat transfer surgery, contact our Brazilian Butt Lift New York centers today to schedule a free consultation with our surgeons. We have two convenient locations in NYC and Long Island.
You may also view buttock augmentation pictures in our fat transfer before and after gallery.