Transferring fat to the breasts (lipomodeling) is truly one of today's greatest cosmetic enhancement breakthroughs. To be able to perform a breast augmentation with fat allows our fat grafting New York patients to receive multiple benefits:
- Nothing foreign is used in the body.
- The procedure is virtually scar free.
- There is a much lower risk of rejection by the body.
- Environmentally sound, "green" procedure by recycling the body's own fat cells for use in the breasts.
- Harvest points of the body such as the hips, waist, thighs and belly can be sculpted.
- Fat injection to breasts is completely flexible; the procedure is a custom breast augmentation to enhance existing breast shape and volume.
- Fat injection phase of the procedure can be done under local anesthetic, lowering the risks and high cost associated with general anesthesia.
- Unused fat can be stored in a fat storage / stem cell bank for future use in cosmetic procedures and even has the potential for use in adult stem cell medical treatments.
- Fat is the ideal breast filler for patients who have had lumpectomy or mastectomy.
Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation After Mastectomy
Another wonderful benefit of using your own body fat is for breast reconstruction. Our Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Team is trained to perform reconstructive surgery on the breasts using fat injections. Mastectomy patients have been coming to us for years because we provide natural results and top safety records.
After going through the trauma of breast cancer, losing part of all of your breasts, and then the difficult treatment phase…the last thing you want to worry about is the competency of your surgeon. With many years of experience, the Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Team has the experience it takes to help breast cancer survivors to restore the breasts that they lost.
In our fat grafting surgeons in Long Island and Manhattan provide patients with breast reconstruction in two phases: fat harvesting and fat transfer. The first phase is done using local anesthesia to remove enough body fat from the hips, thighs and abdomen to transfer to the breasts.
Once the patient has had the fat harvested, it is purified so that only the fat and adult stem cells remain. The fat is then transferred to the desired areas. For an additional fee, patients can opt to have their fat processed with an FDA registered laboratory which will concentrate the adult stem cells and cold store the fat and stem cells for a future cosmetic procedure.
The body fat and stem cells are then transferred to the breasts via fat injections so that missing breast volume, dips, or contour irregularities can be corrected. Patients can even choose to have additional fat used in their fat transfer breast augmentation so that cup size can be increased. A one cup size increase can be accomplished per session. Second and third sessions must be scheduled about three months apart.
What About Future Mammograms To Make Sure The Cancer Hasn't Returned?
Studies published in the March 2011 edition of the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal show that mammograms are not negatively affected by a fat transfer procedure. In fact, even after sixteen months following fat transfer to the breasts, radiologists did not find any mammogram abnormalities that triggered false positive results.
This is great news for our patients who have had breast cancer; you don't need to worry about your mammogram being inaccurate!
If you are considering a fat transfer breast augmentation or breast reconstruction, we can help you naturally enhance your breasts. We offer free consultations at our New York locations in Long Island and Manhattan. Contact Advanced Cosmetic Surgery of New York today by calling us at 212-206-0023 or 631-499-1831.